SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Sunday, January 13, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: news.com.au

GOLF QUOTES

"I wanted to be his child. If I was a child I wouldn't play golf anymore, I'd be sitting in a boat somewhere spending all dad's money. I've been trying to get him to adopt me for the last five years, but he wouldn't do it."        John Daly when asked his thoughts on Tiger Woods becoming a father.

"I think when I made the turn on the front nine I thought it had to be pretty close to setting a record somewhere. The only time I've been 9 under through nine has been playing Tiger Woods on Play Station." Brandt Snedeker after his blistering opening nine holes at the Buick Invitational.

"I laid my head on the pillow last night and had four alarm clocks set, and I had somebody call from my office. I was scared to death. I had this vision of running down No. 3 going 'I'm here, I'm here' and missing that 7:30 tee time."     Car dealer Skipper Beck recalling his emotions on the eve of playing in a pro-am alongside Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan.

"She must know I'm a pretty good tennis player."    Adam Scott joking with reporters on tennis beauty Maria Sharapova listing the 26-year-old Aussie - who noted that he has a girlfriend - among her top 10 desired mixed doubles partners. On her website, Sharapova had Scott listed at No. 6, with a comment in parenthesis "night match, please?"

"If anybody laughs when I hit it, they're dead - we've got Secret Service here."      Former US President George H.W. Bush joking with the gallery at the opening ceremony of the AT&T National.

"Hell of a host."     A tongue-in-cheek Jim Furyk referring to Tiger Woods' success at his own tournament, the Target World Challenge.

"You would think I would be smart enough to figure it out myself after about three years, but I wasn't quite clever enough."        Darren Clarke after belatedly discovering his poor form was down to having the wrong length of shafts in his irons.

"Like an octopus falling out of a tree."     Former Irish golfer David Feherty passes comment on Jim Furyk's swing.

"Nicklaus' courses are like Jack himself - grim and humourless with sharp edges."        Peter Thomson on the Golden Bear's course designs.

"Everything was fine until I walked on to the first tee."        Seve Ballesteros after hitting a shot into the trees at the first hole of his opening round in the Madrid Open.

"I tried but every time I worked out I threw up, and I thought to myself that you can get drunk and throw up, so it's just not for me. I'd rather smoke, drink Diet Cokes and eat."       John Daly opts to continue with his fatness regime after Woods claimed his rivals were not fit enough to challenge him.





Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

No comments: