SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Sunday, May 25, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: hubpages.com

Image: santoki.files.wordpress.com
.

GOLF QUOTES about politicians

On Golf and Politics "Golf is like life in a lot of ways. All the biggest wounds are self-inflicted." - Bill Clinton

"I would like to deny all allegations by Bob Hope that during my last round of golf, I hit an eagle, a birdie, a moose, and an elk." - Gerald Ford

"One thing you better learn if you want to be in politics is that you never go out on a golf course and beat the president." - Lyndon Johnson

"I like going there for golf. America is one vast golf course." - King Edward VIII

"The best thing about Eisenhower's presidency was his Jeffersonian conviction that there should be as little government and as much golf as possible." - Alistair Cooke

"Some of worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses." - Fmr. IL Gov. Adlai Stevenson

"If I had my way, any man found guilty of golf would be ineligible for office of trust in the United States." - H.L. Mencken

"It does look like a very good exercise. But what is the little white ball for?" - Ulysses S. Grant, teasing one of his officers after he swung and missed the ball completely

"I know I'm getting better at golf because I'm hitting fewer spectators...either that, or fewer people are watching me play." - Gerald Ford

"I call upon these nations to do everything they can to stop these terrorist killings. Thank you. Now watch this drive." - George W. Bush

"The Englishmen is at his best on the links and at his worst in the Cabinet." - George Bernard Shaw

"Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an even smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-equipped for the purpose." - Winston Churchill

"I've never played golf in my life. So I couldn't possibly have fired a ball on the Independence golfcourse and hit anybody on the head." - Harry Truman

"Golf is an ineffectual attempt to put an elusive ball into an obscure hole with implements ill-adapted to the purpose." - Woodrow Wilson

"In golf, you keep your head down and follow through. In the vice-presidency, you keep your head up and follow through. It's a big difference." - Fmr. Vice President Dan Quayle

"Dan would rather play golf than have sex any day." - Marilyn Quayle

"I don't have any handicap. I'm all handicap." - Lyndon Johnson

"I did not see the sense in chasing a little white ball around a field." - Presient Calvin Coolidge

"Golf in the interest of health and good manners. It promotes self-restraint and affords a chance to play the man and act the gentleman." - President William Howard Taft

"I knew he threw it, but what could I say?" - Pro golfer Sam Snead, after seeing President Richard Nixon toss his ball from the rough onto the fairway

"The problem with golf is that I have to deal with a humiliation factor." - George W. Bush

"If I swung the gavel the way I swing that golf club, the nation would be in one helluva mess." - Fmr. House Speaker Tip O'Neill

"The great thing about gold is that even the bad days are wonderful." - Bill Clinton

"Mr. Agnew, I think you have a slight swing in your flaw." - Pro golfer Jimmy Demaret to Vice President Spiro T. Agnew

"The difference between golf and politics is that in golf, you can't improve your lie." - Former CA Gov. George Deukmejian

"It's true that my predecessor did not object, as I do, to pictures of one's golf skill in action. But neither, on the other hand, did he ever bean a Secret Serviceman." - John Kennedy

"It's amazing how many people beat you at golf now that you're no longer president." - George H.W. Bush

"My golf-loving friend Bob Hope asked me what my handicap was. So I told him- the Congress." - Ronald Reagan

No comments: