SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Sunday, May 25, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: news.bbc.co.uk

Quotes of the week
August, 2005

He took a knock on the ankle - but we played some Bob Marley reggae music and he was fine. That lad is so laid-back it's not true! Southampton boss Harry Redknapp on the magic sponge alternative that assisted Kenwyne Jones, inspiring him to score the winner at Sheffield Wednesday.

As far as his shoulder is concerned he is going to be OK. He didn't have any trouble lifting up a can of beer anyway. Chairman of selectors David Graveney gives Andrew Flintoff the all-clear for Old Trafford.

I thought if Rembrandt can do it, why can't I? Former England wicket-keeper Jack Russell is very modest about his painting skills.

Look at the prickly little fella down the road at Chelsea. He wants to win everything and we can learn from that. If there were two flies crawling up the wall he'd be desperate to back the winner. QPR manager Ian Holloway is modelling himself on Jose Mourinho.

When my wife first saw Marc for the first time, she said he was a fine specimen of a man. She says I have nothing to worry about, but I think she wants me to buy her a QPR shirt with his name on the back for Christmas. Holloway on his new 6ft 5in Danish striker Marc Nygaard.

Kate at the Rangers? You Moss be joking
Anybody who is a QPR fan is welcome at Loftus Road. I'd be happy for him to turn up for a kickabout, just so long as he brings that Kate Moss with him - she's absolutely lovely. Holloway has plans to make his wife jealous by inviting QPR fan Pete Doherty and his girlfriend to Loftus Road.

My friends keep taking the mickey out of me - they call me Paula. Maybe I should start nodding my head on the home straight! British 400m runner Tim Benjamin on the long socks he wears to help with circulation. Sadly they didn't help him win a medal at the World Championships.

I hate draws - draws kill you. Sheffield Wednesday manager Paul Sturrock after the Owls were held 1-1 by Hull at Hillsborough.

I'm over the moon to have drawn after the way we played in the second half, because we were mullered. Hull boss Peter Taylor is slightly happier with a point apiece.

I thought it was a bit high - he nearly took my willy off. You would probably expect that from Bob but there you go. Inverness player Ross Tokely complains about a challenge on him by Rangers defender Bob Malcolm in the 1-0 defeat.

Taxi for Teddy
It's almost like he has Dr Who's Tardis because he always turns up on time.West Ham boss Alan Pardew on the impeccable time-keeping of Teddy Sheringham.

The Aussies were telling me the patch I've got over my ear didn't do much for my street cred - and they are right! Andrew Strauss on the 'ear patch' he had to wear after being struck by a Brett Lee bouncer. Strauss had the last laugh by going on to score a century.

Are you in a library or what?! Manchester City boss Stuart Pearce has a pop at the hushed City of Manchester crowd.





Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

No comments: