SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: theshiznit.co.uk

TOP 20 MOVIE INSULTS  (OPINION)


Hey... shut up


Hollywood is a vicious place: if you don't have a pointed tongue and a wit to match that of Oscar Wilde, you might as well have 'DUNCE' tattooed on your forehead. Selecting the very best movie insults was an arduous task as there's simply so many to consider. What makes a great movie insult? Swearing will bump you up a few notches but only if used correctly – profanity should be used sparingly and imaginatively. Personal jibes always go down well, particularly about one's weight or mother. But what makes a really winning movie insult is whether it can be used by the everyman. Feel free to roll out any of the following twenty withering put-downs in everyday situations and wait for the kudos to roll in.

20. DODGEBALL (2004)
The insulter: Patches O'Houlihan (Rip Torn)
The situation: The eccentric Dodgeball coach gives his team a halftime pep talk and doesn't sugar-coat his instructions. Average Joe's will be average no longer.
The insult: "Will someone please catch a goddamn ball? It's like watching a bunch of retards trying to fuck a doorknob out there!"
Why it rules:
Paints quite a picture, doesn't it?


19. WHITE MEN CAN'T JUMP (1992)
The insulter: Sidney Deane (Wesley Snipes)
The situation: Trash-talking on the basketball court, a number of 'yo momma' jokes are thrown around but this one really sticks.
The insult: "I seen your mother kicking a can down the street. I said 'What you doin'?' and she said 'Moving'"
Why it rules:
Nothing cuts to the bone like a 'yo momma' joke.
 
==============================
 
That's all, folks!
 
 (Just 2 sports movies made this list at #19 and at #20!)





Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

No comments: