SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: dennispope..wordpress.com







OZZIE GUILLEN



BASEBALL INSULTS

Ozzie's the best quote in all of sports

May 5, 2008 ·

A friend once said: "Ozzie's the best."

Now, this guy definitely had a fondness for Black Sabbath. But I think the same can be said of Chicago White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen, who recently took verbal aim at everything in sight.

In doing so he again proved to be the best quote in all of sports. He blasted the Chicago fans, all of them. He blasted the media for oh, the umpteenth time. And he blasted Lee Elia, a former Chicago Cubs manager. Elia never met an f-bomb he didn't like and his April 29, 1983 rant about Cubs fans booing and heckling recently celebrated its 25th anniversary.

Elia's rant: ("Eighty-five percent of the fuckin' world is working. The other fifteen come out here. A fuckin' playground for the cocksuckers.") was outrageous at the time and even seems so compared to Ozzie, but I digress.

Ozzie's latest rant was unleashed before the White Sox even took the field in Toronto on Sunday and comes in the midst of a five-game losing streak. Reportedly, Guillen was asked a routine question about a minor leaguer and his chances of making the big-league team.

Guillen then offered this statement:

"Right now everyone in Chicago is making lineups – 'Call up this guy, call up that guy.' … If we had 50 people allowed on the roster, we could do that. That's what ticks me off about Chicago fans and Chicago media: They forget pretty quickly. A couple of days ago we were the fucking best stuff in town. Now we're shit. We won it a couple years ago, and we're horseshit. The Cubs haven't won in [100] years, and they're the fucking best. Fuck it, we're good. Fuck everybody. We're horseshit, and we're going to be horseshit the rest of our lives, no matter how many World Series we win. We are the shit of Chicago. We're the Chicago Shit. We have the worst owner [Jerry Reinsdorf]. The guy's got seven fucking rings, and he's the fucking horseshit owner. How about the Cubs celebrating that Lee Elia bullshit? How many times do I curse people out? I will make a lot of money with my shit. I have to keep going because in the future Ozzie will need money, and I can say, 'Here, give me money, here's the 10-year anniversary of my time I called [Jay] Mariotti stuff and the time I went on the radio and cursed out Mike North. … People are panicking. Did we play a real bad week? Yes, we did, we stunk. But it wasn't too long ago that we were 'the biggest surprise in baseball, wow, look at the White Sox."

The White Sox were in first place in the American League Central Division until their recent skid. What's more, Guillen had been jovial with the media again. Gone was the cynical Ozzie from the past two seasons, the manager who was bitter and sullen to the media, the manager who was next to be fired.

This latest outburst, though, puts the spotlight back on the White Sox, and especially Guillen. If the Pale Hose don't make some noise this season, Guillen could find himself cursing the days he spent as manager of the Chicago Shit.
.
Image (Ozzie Guillen, top to bottom):
media.commercialappeal.com
firedoug.com
toddand.com


No comments: