SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Saturday, May 31, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: sports.espn.go.com

Image: msnbcmedia2.msn.com
.
SPORTS QUOTES

"This, of course, can in some way hurt his career as a professional ballplayer ... "-- Ugueth Urbina's defense lawyer, Jose Luis Tamayo, commenting on Urbina being charged with attempted murder

"Live every moment to the fullest and love like you'll never be hurt."-- Renee Thomas, Panthers cheerleader, on the most important thing in life, according to her NFL.com profile

"If they let the cheerleaders date the players, then they wouldn't have to go make out with each other."-- Cris Carter trying to make sense of the Carolina cheerleaders scandal on "Inside the NFL"

"He can become like a thumb that you need to suck when trouble's going on, and you just stick it back in your mouth. You don't want [his teammates] to do that with Kobe."-- Phil Jackson on Kobe Bryant

"Ain't no power down there, you know? I was headed down South, but when they told me they had no power and a curfew [laugh] ... Edge needs power and Edge don't need no curfew. Edge time is Edge time."-- Edgerrin James on why he didn't go to Florida during his bye week

"We don't know where the cutoff is, maybe if you earn less than $8 million, you'll get a scholarship from the commissioner."-- David Stern's answer to Marcus Camby's request for a clothing stipend

"My dad, Sylvester Stallone and the Pope."-- Vinny Testaverde's answer when asked who he would pick if he could have dinner with any three people in the world

"Sometimes, you wake up and you say, 'Man, I didn't have anything to drink last night. I didn't have anything fattening. So why do I want to puke?' Then you realize, 'Oh, that's right.' You start remembering what's going on in your life." -- Vikings coach Mike Tice

"I'm not really understanding a baseball game. I know a couple rules, but not all the rules. I like to see those fans. I can feel the heat."-- Yao Ming on baseball

"I don't think it's too likely, because I'm not a very good basketball player." -- Mark Pope on his chances of making the Nuggets' roster

"Oh no. None of that. Sex? What are you talking about? That's crazy. Look man, I'm engaged. That would put me in trouble."-- Viking Mewelde Moore when questioned about the activities on the boats several Vikings players chartered.

"You want me to take the time to count 'em? No comment."-- Jalen Rose, when asked how many of his Raptors teammates are question marks

No comments: