SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Saturday, May 31, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: tim.rawle.org

SOCCER QUOTES

"Meanwhile, it's Birmingham nil, Spurs nil: that one will be kicking off in a couple of hours."Talk Sport

"He's just thrown his head in there and it's just come off."John Duncan

"There is only one word to describe football and that is 'if only'."Bobby Robson

"I can assure West Ham fans that no stone will be unearthed in our preparation for next week."Alan Pardew

"Keith Gillespie... just lacks a bit of inconsistency."Graeme Le Saux

"I don't know where this Arctic wind has come from, but it's freezing."Alan Green

"There's a whole lot of teams in the bottom six."Graeme Le Saux

"The offside flag went up immediately, if not before."Jonathan Park

"Mido goes down clutching his right head."Alan Green

"I know what my strengths are, and I know what my not strengths are."Adrian Boothroyd

"That's really one of those double-ended sticks."Lawrie Sanchez

"He's gone down like he's been felled by a tree."Andy Gray

"In Manchester you are either Blue or Red... there's no two ways about it."Chris Cooper

"If they can beat Spain again, it will be a good scalpel."Ian Wright

"When it comes to Michael Owen's foot, there will be a cut-off date when it's right or not."Mike Parry

"For Burton, to play Man United in this replay is a one-off."Ian Wright

"I didn't say them things I said."Glenn Hoddle

"It was the perfect penalty - apart from he missed it."Rob McCaffrey

"He's gone into countless challenges, and won both of them."Guy Mowbray

"If history is going to repeat itself I should think we can expect the same thing again."Terry Venables

"Such a positive move by Uruguay, bringing two players off and putting two players on."John Helm

"Dumbarton player Steve McCahill has limped off with a badly cut forehead."Tom Ferrie

"Winning isn't the end of the world."David Pleat

"In terms of the Richter scale this defeat was a force eight gale."John Lyall

"Newcastle, of course, unbeaten in their last five wins."Brian Moore

"And with just 4 minutes gone, the score is already 0-0."Ian Dark

"Strangely, in slow motion replay, the ball seemed to hang in the air for even longer."David Acfield

"I never predict anything and I never will do."Paul Gascoigne

"...and tonight we have the added ingredient of Kenny Dalglish not being here."Martin Tyler

"If you never concede a goal, you're going to win more games than you lose."Bobby Moore

"Perry Groves scoring that Arsenal goal three minutes before the first half."Mike Ingham

"He is without doubt the greatest sweeper in the world, I'd say, at a guess."Ron Atkinson

"This night of disappointment has been brought to you by ITV and National Power."Brian Moore
"As with most things in football the goalposts keep changing."David Rhodes

"Six inches either side of the post and that would have been a goal..."Radio Newcastle

"The lad got over-excited when he saw the whites of the goalpost's eyes."Steve Coppell

"The new West stand casts a giant shadow over the entire pitch, even on a sunny day."Chris Jones

"Stoichkov's had a quiet game, but that's often the hallmark of greatness."Mike Ingham

"If it stays as it is I can't see it altering."Graham Taylor

"Hoddle by name, Hoddle by nature..."BBC 1

"I don't hold water with that theory."Ron Greenwood

"Woodcock would have scored but his shot was just too perfect."Ron Atkinson

"It's Great Britain in the all-white strip, with the red and blue V, the dark shorts and the dark stockings."Ray French

"He had an eternity to play that ball... but he took too long over it."Martin Tyler

"We were unanimous - well, you two were."Elton Welsby

"It's a very flat three-man back four."Gordon Cox

"And that's Aston Villa's first league goal since their last one."Elton Welsby

"The drought which has plagued Manchester United all season now seems to have evaporated."James Reeves

"I'd say he is the best in Europe, if you put me on the fence."Bobby Robson

"30 minutes to go, and it's still 1-0 a-piece."Scot FM

"He is only 20, but he's already playing for the England Under-21 side."Kick Off Live

"There's a snap about Liverpool that just isn't there!"Ron Atkinson

"They'll perhaps finish in the top three. I can't see them going any higher."Don Howe

"You can't do better than go away from home and get a draw..."Kevin Keegan

"In a sense it's a one-man show... except there are two men involved, Hartson and Berkovic, and a third man, the goalkeeper."John Motson

"It was a definite penalty but Wright made a right swan-song of it."Jack Charlton

"If you don't want to know the result, look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal."Steve Rider

"He was the same age as me at the time."John Aldridge

"Tony Bank's described the English fans arrested in Marseilles as 'brain dead louts'. This goes for me as well."Football Supporters Assoc.

"It was still moving when it hit the back of the net."Kevin Keegan

"The good news for Paraguay is that they've gone two-nil down so early on."Kevin Keegan

"That's no remedy for success."Chris Waddle

"Louis Figo is different to David Beckham, and vice versa."Kevin Keegan

"From that moment the pendulum went into reverse."Gerald Sindstat

"He is a goal scorer, not a natural born one - not yet. That takes time."Glenn Hoddle

"So this movie you star in, 'The Life Story of George Best', tell us what it's about."George Gavin

"That was only a yard away from being an inch-perfect pass."Murdo Macleod

"They used to be a bit like Arsenal, winning by one goal to nil - or even less."Nasser Hussain

"Germany are a very difficult team to play... they have eleven internationals out there today."Steve Lomas

"They're the second best team in the world, and there's no higher praise than that."

No comments: