SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Saturday, May 31, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: sports.espn.go.com

Image: seattletimes.nwsource.com
.
SPORTS QUOTES
.
"I think it's better to buy real estate than say, a yellow and purple Corvette or an elephant that can speak sign language. My parents help me out a lot with that stuff. They don't want to see me when I'm 30, dead broke, selling bootleg tapes of my snowboard movies on the side of the freeway." -- Olympic gold medalist Shaun White on how he spends his endorsement money

"Just because I got traded doesn't mean we'll be able to compete with the Spurs and Pistons right away." -- Jalen Rose on his trade to 14-34 Knicks

"Looking back, there may have been a few things I would have done differently."-- Former Raptors GM Rob Babcock

"I despise cool. I've never seen one frickin' person who was cool who I liked."-- Roy Williams explaining why he benched his starters Tuesday night

"In some way, Jerome [Bettis] has touched every person on this team."-- Hines Ward

"I've been in the closet with it for a while. I don't know, guess I would have to say I'm the rookie of the year."-- Kevin Federline on the projected success of his upcoming album

"Teach math classes in elementary schools throughout the country."-- Ron Artest on his New Year's resolution

"It was very tacky on the prosecuting attorney's part. Usually, you get two or three weeks so we can at least prepare, but he must not have kids. He's not a very nice guy, anyway."-- John Daly on his wife getting arrested before the Buick Invitational

"This deal totally shifts the balance of power in the East. Now we can add the Celtics to the list of teams that UConn could beat."-- Charles Barkley on the recent Celtics trade

"People touching me. On our team, we got a lot of young guys and they always want to poke at you and tickle you and stuff, and I really hate that." -- Eddy Curry on his pet peeves

"They should have focused more on me."-- Sebastian Telfair of the Portland Trailblazers, giving his opinion of the ESPN documentary "Through the Fire" about ... him

"I'm not a very good player, but I will bring a presence [where] there's not many cliques. If there's an intangible, I bring that intangible."-- Kevin Millar on why he is the Tom Brady of the Baltimore Orioles

"It's what he's done his whole career."-- Nets coach Lawrence Frank on Vince Carter stepping up his game when needed

"I may not be a class act, but I'm an American."-- Ron Artest on wanting to play for the Olympic team

"Anytime you bring Michael Olowokandi on to your team, disaster is soon to follow." -- Bill Walton

"I felt like I could ride this one into the sunset."-- Mike Martz on the end of his tenure with the St. Louis Rams

"I'm not going to argue with you, Ernie. I'll hit you in the left eye."-- Charles Barkley to Ernie Johnson during halftime of the Cleveland-Houston game on TNT

"He's always been good to my family, we have talked on special occasions. We're still giving each other advice." -- LeBron James on Maurice Clarett

"I told them we're bowl-eligible. We've got seven wins."-- Larry Brown on his New Year's message to the Knicks

"I'm not the best rapper in the NBA. Elton Brand is better than me. Stephen Jackson is better than me. Troy Hudson is nice. Troy Hudson has fire."-- Ron Artest

No comments: