SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Monday, June 30, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: winelect.com

SPORTS QUOTES

Quotes from "Just Let Me Play" by Charlie Sifford

----------------------------------------------------

"All I ever wanted to do is play." -Charlie Sifford

"I have always had a great deal of admiration for Charlie Sifford...he has made himself a symbol that has inspired young black golfers of this country and the world - past, present and future. Probably more that any other single individual, Charlie paved the way and made life in professional golf so much easier for the others of his race who have followed and will follow him. I wish him nothing but the very best." - Arnold Palmer

"Golf, Jackie Robinson...and a great one." - Tom Watson

"I have such admiration for this man. I take my hat off to him...The hypocrisy that Charlie had to put up with!...Yet I don't find Charlie bitter, I find him compassionate. I have a great love and empathy for Charlie. I've seen an improvement in golf's stance toward blacks, and Charlie has played a significant role in that improvement." - Gary Player

"The pain, suffering and sacrifice experienced by Mr. Sifford in being a lonely pioneer for black golfers on PGA Tour will never be forgotten by me. His success and personal conduct will provide a blueprint and inspiration for myself and other aspiring black tour players." - Tiger Woods

"It's a lot easier now for a black player that it was when Charlie was trying to pioneer. To all of us players, it didn't make any difference what color he was. He(will be) remembered as the first black player to win a PGA tournament." - Gene Littler

"I have to take my hat off to Charlie Sifford. I praise God that he had the heart to do what he did. I couldn't have done it. He's a great man and he's been a friend to me. He's done a hell of a job, not only for blacks but for golf." - Jim Dent

"When any black is making his mark in a sport or profession, black people are aware of it. Charlie stands out. He was like a hero to blacks." - Willie McCovey

"Charlie was a pioneer in professional golf and I admire him so much that words cannot express it. I would love to be able to follow on to the senior title." - Curly Neal

"Like Bannister in the four minute mile, Charlie's the one who broke the barrier." - Don January

"I'm sure it hasn't been easy for Charlie. He's worked hard to get where he's gotten. I'm very happy that he's accomplished what he has." - Art Wall

"If it wasn't for (Charlie) and Teddy Rhodes, it would have been a longer period of time before blacks could enter (golf). I'm sure that it ate inside that they couldn't play in a lot more tournaments and couldn't stay (in some) places when they first started..It had to take a strong will." - Mike Fetchik

No comments: