SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Monday, June 30, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: bleacherreport.com


Image: thesightisinend.files.wordpress.com

SOCCER QUOTES

There are plenty of managers today who, apart from their football-related knowledge, have some sense of humor. Even if they don't, their intended-to-be-serious quotes often end up hilarious.
.
In any case, I will try to cover some of those famous, witty or unintentionally funny quotes here.
.
Bill Shankly: One of the most successful managers in Liverpool's history also came up with some witty stuff.
.
"There's only two teams in Liverpool: Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves."
.
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity—the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

.
Sir Alex Ferguson: Sir Alex has won everything there is to win in England, and yet he has this burning desire to win more. In his twenty-odd years at Manchester United, he, too, has come up with some verbal gems.
.
"They come out with the ‘English are so strong, we’re terrible in the air, we can’t do this, we can’t do that.’ Then they beat you 3-0?
.
“He could start a row in an empty house.”

.
Arsene Wenger: "The professor" has had his share of controversies and makes some incredibly witty comments in trying times. Sometimes, his comments are quite hilarious, even though he never intended them to be!

"Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home!"
This in response to Sir Alex Ferguson's warnings that Arsenal would crack under pressure and that Manchester United had been the best team in the league that year—despite the fact that they were second.
.
"I'm very excited with this team because they are 'playerish'—if there is such a word—they love to play."
Wenger's trying to show that he is French.
.
"Footballistically speaking..."
Inventing words is clearly not Wenger's forte...but this one is not bad!

.
Jose Mourinho: Jose Mourinho is someone who is made for entertaining the press. He has the charm and the arrogance with the right mixture (for the neutrals, of course!) and will always be remembered in England for his very inventive quotes.
.
"Please don't call me arrogant, but I'm European champion and I think I'm a special one."
.
"I would love an Aston Martin, but, if you ask me, £1m for an Aston Martin, I tell you, you are crazy because they cost £250,000."
Jose trying to say, very illustratively, that Chelsea will not overpay for anyone... nice joke!
.
"If you ask me if I jump with happiness when I know Mr Poll is our referee? No."
Jose is clearly letting Graham Poll know what he thinks of him!
.
"For me, pressure is bird flu. I'm feeling a lot of pressure with the problem in Scotland. It's not fun and I'm more scared of it than football."
.
"As we say in Portugal, they (Spurs) brought the bus and they left the bus in front of the goal."
Illustrating that Spurs defended rather staunchly against Chelsea to claim a draw.

.
Kevin Keegan: "KK" is probably the best at these "quotes." He has sent too many people into hysterical laughter with his outrageously funny quotes. You probably get the point by now!
.
"That would have been a goal if it wasn't saved."
.
"It's like a toaster, the ref's shirt pocket. Every time there's a tackle, up pops a yellow card."
Using creative visualization to describe a "card happy" referee.
.
"Chile have three options—they could win or they could lose."
Lost count there I guess!
.
"In some ways, a cramp is worse than having a broken leg."
.
"Luis Figo is totally different to David Beckham, and vice-versa."
.
"The tide is very much in our court now."
I wonder how tennis players would survive in KK's world!
.
"England have the best fans in the world and Scotland's fans are second-to-none."
King Kevin... Nobody can beat that quote!

No comments: