SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Monday, June 30, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: pga.com

LPGA 2008 WINNER, INBEE PARK
.
GOLF NEWS
.
At age 19, Park becomes youngest winner of U.S. Women's Open
.
Inbee Park woke up in the middle of the night 10 years ago when she heard cheering from the living room of her tiny apartment outside Seoul.
.
Her parents were up at 3:00 a.m. to watch Se Ri Pak become the first South Korean and the youngest winner of the 1998 U.S. Women's Open.
.
The 9-year-old girl sat down with them to watch, half asleep, but definitely paying attention.
.
"When she made a putt, they were screaming," Park said. "So I really could not sleep."
.
Two days later, she placed her tiny hands around a golf club for the first time.
.
On Sunday, Park wrapped hands around the biggest trophy in women's golf, capturing the U.S. Women's Open at Interlachen with nearly flawless golf over the final 10 holes as everyone else melted away.
.
"I didn't know anything about golf back then, but I was watching her," Park said. "It was very impressive for a little girl. I just thought that I could do it, too."
.
Two weeks shy of her 20th birthday, Park replaced Pak as the youngest U.S. Women's Open champion. She pulled away with crucial putts on three straight holes -- two birdies and one par -- early on the back nine and added a final birdie for a 2-under 71 and a four-shot victory over Helen Alfredsson.
.
Park was the only player in the final nine groups to break par. She finished at 9-under 283 and earned $585,000, then got soaked at the end of a sunny afternoon when Jeong Jang and I.K. Kim rushed onto the green and doused her with beer.

"Really, I can't believe I just did this, especially with all these big names on the trophy that have been very, very successful with the golf," Park said, gazing at the silver championship trophy. "Hopefully, I'll put a couple of my names on there. It will be great."

No comments: