SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Saturday, June 21, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: dukebasketballreport.com

PHILLY PHANATIC AND PHILLIE FANS

Image: philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com
.
BASEBALL INSULTS
"I hate playing centerfield against Lenny Dykstra. One of these years, he's gonna give me foot cancer out there." - Andy Van Slyke, on Dykstra's excessive use of chewing tobacco...
.
"All I owe anyone is a hard game of ball" - Richie Allen (I'll defer to any Philly guys - or girls - to say whether or not he delivered on that, as well as whether he is properly referred to as Richie or Dick Allen)
.
"You know what they do when the game's rained out? They go to the airport and boo landings." - Bob Uecker, on Phillies fans
.
"Philadelphia is the only city, where you can experience the thrill of victory and the agony of reading about it the next day." -- Mike Schmidt
.
Bob Uecker:
"That's all we got, one &*%damn hit?"
"You cant say &^(damn on the air."
"Dont worry, nobody is listening anyway."
.
"If God helped you hit that home run that last time up, who struck you out the time before that?"
"Most of us have such bad voices, we respect the National Anthem by not singing it."
.
When Lowenstein and Mel Proctor used to call games for the O's on Home Team Sports:
First of all, as most of you know, baseball bats are made from Ash trees (or at least that used to be the case).
A player came up to bat against the O's, swung, and busted his bat. Foul ball. As the batter was going to get another bat, Mel was making some commentary on the busted bat.
Lowenstein's response:
"Well you know Mel, it's hard to find a good piece of ash every night."
.
And the one that cost him his job announcing the game of the week (work with me here, mods). The camera kept panning on a couple making out in the bleachers inning after inning. Towards the end of the game Diz says to Pee Wee Reese: "Pee Wee, I've finally figured out what's going on out there. He's kissing her on the strikes and she's kissing him on the balls."

No comments: