SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Sunday, June 22, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: welcometoportsmouth.co.uk

SOCCER QUOTES
.
REDKNAPP'S RANTS
.
Pompey's manager Harry Redknapp has always been one of football's more colourful managers, never one to shy away from the microphone or TV camera, he is well known for his flexible, immaginative use of the English language. Below is a collection of some of his more memorable quotations.
.

==========================================
.
HARRY'S FINEST
.
"I don't know where Zajec is now. As long as he doesn't turn up here, I don't care. If he does, then I'll be gone again!"
.
"Kanu has been fantastic. My God, we've even got him heading the ball. Well, it's not really heading, more like hitting him on the head!" Commenting on the top goal scorer Kanu.
.
"I left a couple of my foreigners out last week and they started talking in "foreign". I knew what they were saying: "Blah, blah, blah, le b****** manager, f****** useless b******!"
.
"Genius is never consistent, is it? Mediocrity is consistent, but genius cannot be consistent." Commenting on Kanu after his two goals in the 4-0 demolition of Middlesbrough.
.
"I sorted out the team formation last night lying in bed with the wife. When your husband's as ugly as me, you'd only want to talk football in bed"
.
"Where are we in relation to Europe? Not too far from Dover"
.
"Samassi Abou don't speak the English too good."
.
"I will always do things my way, otherwise it's not worth doing the job."

.
"The more these things drag on the more difficult it gets, but I'm not going to rush in and get a load of rubbish like they did here last year." Commenting on transfer frustration and the dealings of his predecessor Alain Perrin.

.
"Even when they had Moore, Hurst and Peters, West Ham's average finish was about 17th, which just shows how crap the other 8 of us were"

.
Commenting on Julian Dicks' comeback from career threatening injury : "They said he would never play again, but he's a freak."

.
"Mansfield gave us one hell of a game. I feared extra-time but we are still on the march, still unbeaten, and I'm still a brilliant manager!" Reaction to the League Cup game against Mansfield.
.
"With the foreign players it's more difficult. Most of them don't even bother with the golf, they don't want to go racing. They don't even drink".
.
"After two defeats we needed to win, but we're only Portsmouth after all." Harry's reaction to Pompey's 2-0 win over West Ham

No comments: