SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Sunday, July 6, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: strictlybowhunting.com


Image: fws.gov

HUNTING QUOTES
.
Quotes From Notable Sportsmen and Women Regarding Bowhunting and Hunting in General
.
"I kill when I hunt and do not apologize for that, although I reserve the right to think about its implications. I also hunt without killing-whether by accident or design-and I do not apologize for that either. There is room in longbow country for a spectrum of tastes and attitudes, and that is as it should be."
E. Donnall Thomas, Jr.-Longbow Country
.
"A particular virtue of wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his acts, they are dictated by his own conscience, rather than a mob of onlookers. It is difficult to exaggerate the importance of this fact."
Aldo Leopold-Sand County Almanac and MN DNR Rules and Regulations Booklets
.
"Take you kids hunting or you will end up hunting for your kids."
Ted Nugent-God, Guns, & Rock 'N' Roll
.
"I have listened to impassioned accusations of anti-hunters who believe that hunting is synonymous with killing and that anyone who hunts is unfeeling and cruel. These people, at least, are not dishonest. They are sensitive people who feel the pain of others as if it were their own and a re moved to stop it. No they aren't dishonest. They are merely wrong-and I have standing to judge. I know where they could only guess, what hunting is, and I know that hunting is no more killing than the death of Julius Caesar is Shakespeare's play. I know, whereas they can only guess what my feelings are, and I know that I am neither unfeeling nor cruel. If they feel pain, I have felt the death. I have stood in the moment of the echo. They have not."
Peter Dunne-Before the Echo
.
"I do not hunt for the joy of killing but for the joy of living, and the inexpressible pleasure of mingling my life however briefly, with that of a wild creature that I respect, admire and value."
John Madson-Out Home
.
"The real archer when he goes afield enters a land of subtile delight. The dew glistens on the leaves, the thrush sings in the bush, the soft wind blows, and all nature welcomes him as she has the hunter since the world began. With the bow in his hand, his arrows softly rustling in the quiver, a horn at his back, and a hound at his heels, what more can a man want in life?"
Saxton Pope-Hunting with the Bow and Arrow
.
"What was big was not the antlers, but the chance. What was full was not the meatpole but the memory of the hunt."
Aldo Leopold- Paraphrased
.
"Now therefore I take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out and take me some venison."
Judeau Christian Bible- Genesis 27:3
.
"I prefer to hunt large animals with a bow and arrow rather than a rifle. With a bow in hand I know that I must get within forty yards of what I will shoot, and I must be willing to wait until I can take a clear shot at the vital killing area. I am aware that this handicaps me considerably over the hunter with a rifle, but I accept the challenge with relish."
James A . Swan-In Defense of Hunting
.
"I hunt because I love the entire process: the preparations, the excitement, and sustained suspense of trying to match my woodslore against the finely honed instincts of these creatures. On most days spent in the woods, I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether or not I got anything: it has to do with how the day was spent."
Fred Bear-Unknown Reference
.
"The great primitive outer world is still unconquered, and there are impulses within the beast of man not yet measured, curbed and devitalized, which are the essential motives of life. Therefore without, without wantoness, and without cruelty, we shall hunt as long as the arm has strength, the eye glistens, and the heart throbs. Lead On!"
Saxton Pope-Hunting with the Bow and Arrow
.
"All bowhunters should remember that any deer you take with a bow and arrow is a trophy."
Anonymous

No comments: