SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Friday, July 25, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: diehardbaseball.net


.
FANTASY BASEBALL QUOTES
.
Saw this in the April edition of Fantasy Sports Monthly by rotoworld.com
.
You Know You're A True Fantasy Baseball Owner IF....
.
20. You refer to your co-workers by their fantasy team names: "Hey Ass Whoopers, can you send me those release notes"
.
19. You think Scott Podsednik is a Hall of Famer.
.
18. The only time you use Microsoft Excel is in March.
.
17. You usually show up to work around 10:00 and are generally five to 10 minutes late for appointments. However, in 11 years of playing fantasy sports, you've missed the weekly deadline to set your roster once - and that was because of a massive, 3-state power blackout
.
16. You've rescheduled a biopsy after realizing that it falls on the same day as your draft
.
15. Owners who won't trade - or worse, won't respond to your proposals - annoy you more than John Mayer
.
14. You realize you could make millions if you took the time you spent researching fantasy baseball and devoted it to studying the stock market....but you don't care
.
13. You'd agree to a vasectomy before letting the computer pick your team
.
12. The following is a familiar scenario in your life: You get to work 45 minutes late and notice an urgent e-mail from your boss. Before opening it, you got to rotoworld.com for the latest player updates
.
11. "I'll be down in a minute Honey!" really means, "Put some aluminum foil on it - I'm in the midst of a trade negotiation!"
.
10. When David Ortiz blasts a grand slam to give your beloved Red Sox a walk-off victory, your first thought is, "That better not be my closer!"
.
9. You frequently refer to other men as "studs"
.
8. Your 30-year friendship with your elementary-school buddy/league commissioner came to an abrupt end after he nixed your trade for Roy Oswalt
.
7. At a family gathering, you once caught yourself boasting to your grandmother about how you snagged Scott Rolen in the 10th round
.
6. To you the real Eminem is Melvin Mora (you may need to see the picture they had of mora for this one)
.
5. You Have Christmas lights around your monitor that are rigged to a hidden motion sensor outside your cube, allowing you to surf fantasy sites all day without fear of detection.
.
4. You've risked bladder infection because you didn't want to miss out on the bidding for Omar Vizquel.
.
3. You spent more time contemplating the name of your fantasy team than that of your first born child
.
2. You no longer laugh like Beavis and Butthead upon hearing the word "busts"
.
1. You've wasted half of a work day crafting a smack-talk post for your league message board...and felt proud afterwards.
===================

No comments: