SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Friday, July 25, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: forum.gorillamask.net

Image: disney-desktop-wallpaper.com
.
SPORTS QUOTES
Quotes from 2005 - 2006
.
"I'd like to refer to this whole thing, from start to finish, as a real Mickey Mouse operation.....but that'd be an insult to Mickey Mouse".--Bobby Knight
.
Also, I remember back in 1986 or 1987, the Hoosiers were playing LSU, and were down like 25 points at halftime. Somehow they came back and won the game. Afterwards, the announcer asked Knight if he seriously thought they had a chance to come back. He said "Hell yes I thought we could come back. I looked down at the other bench, and saw Dale Brown coaching, and KNEW we could come back".
.
Chiefs running back Larry Johnson may be facing some legal problems in Kansas City after an altercation with a former girlfriend in a bar, but he hasn't lost his sense of humor. He's dubbed the Chiefs' backfield of himself and Priest Holmes ''The Church Backfield." ''Priest prays over them and I bury them," Johnson said.
.
Oh, yeah. Good wood. The poor guy needs all the help he can get during these troubled times."
-- Reds outfielder Ken Griffey Jr., after presenting President Bush with one of his lacquered black bats
.
During a 1952 game with the Hawks Paul Arizin of the Warriors had a field dayscoring 30 points in the first half. At the break the coach pulled aside rookie center Mel Hutchins and said, "get out there and watch Arizin closely." Replied Hutchins, "I have been watching him coach. Isn't he wonderful?"
.
Rudy T was pulled over for drunken driving after his first championship coaching Hakeem and the Rockets. When the cop dragged him out of the car, he said "I'm Rudy T! I'm above the law!".
.
Rockies manager Clint Hurdle on Orlando ''El Duque" Hernandez, who was a winner in his National League debut with the D-Backs: ''He reminds me of MacGyver," Hurdle said. ''He can make a car out of a lawn chair."
.
The Bucs haven't won at Lambeau since 1989; "Jiminy Christmas, 1989 is as long time," coach Jon Gruden said. "That's what we're up against. We haven't won there in forever. I don't even know where I was in 1989."
.
"I don't waste my time, man – they don't think a DH can win the MVP," he said. "I'm just going to keep on playing. I'm not going to think about that (expletive) because it's all politics."What's the toughest thing to do in this game? Hit, right? (Voters) don't think about that. That's all I do. If I don't hit, I lose my job." - David Ortiz
.
"No one did," Parish said of whether anyone projected Ainge into his current position as director of basketball operations. "I think it surprised him, too. His job is like the President of the United States. No matter what he’s doing, he’s pissing someone off."
===================

No comments: