SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Monday, August 11, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: imdb.com

Image: brudney-gruppman.blogspot.com
.
SPORTS MOVIE QUOTES
.
Synopsis of the movie Cobb, starring Tommy Lee Jones as Ty Cobb and Robert Wuhl as Al Stump:
.
Al Stump is a famous sports-writer chosen by Ty Cobb to co-write his official, authorized 'autobiography' before his death.
.
Cobb, widely feared and despised, feels misunderstood and wants to set the record straight about 'the greatest ball-player ever,' in his words.
.
However, when Stump spends time with Cobb, interviewing him and beginning to write, he realizes that the general public opinion is largely correct. In Stump's presence, Cobb is angry, violent, racist, misogynistic, and incorrigibly abusive to everyone around him.
.
Torn between printing the truth by plumbing the depths of Cobb's dark soul and grim childhood, and succumbing to Cobb's pressure for a whitewash of his character and a simple baseball tale of his greatness, Stump writes two different books. One book is for Cobb, the other for the public.
.
Quotes from the movie Cobb:
.
Louis Prima: With all the great players playing ball right now, how well do you think you would do against today's pitchers?
.
Ty Cobb: Well, I figure against today's pitchers I'd only probably hit about .290
.
Louis Prima: .290? Well that's amazing, because you batted over .400 a... a whole bunch of times. Now tell us all, we'd all like to know, why do you think you'd only hit .290?
.
Ty Cobb: Well, I'm 72 fucking years old you ignorant son of a bitch.
----------------------------------
.
Ramona: Who are you again?
.
Ty Cobb: I am the Georgia Peach. I have 4,191 base hits in 11,429 at bats, 920 stolen bases, 2,244 runs scored, and 93 batting records; and I want you to take off every stitch of your clothes.
.
Ramona: I don't think so.
[Cobb points a gun to her head]
Ramona: That don't scare me, 'cause if you shoot me, I'll be dead. And you're not gonna screw a dead lady!
.
Ty Cobb: [cocks gun] I might like it.
---------------------------------------------
.
[Cobb narrates a lengthy lambasting of Babe Ruth into a tape recorder]
Al Stump: Come on, Ty, aren't you going to give Ruth credit for anything?
.
Ty Cobb: (pauses) He could run okay for a fat man.
-----------------------------------------------
.
[to the umpire] Ty Cobb: How do you do, Cyclops?
.
Umpire: Shut up, Cobb.
.
Ty Cobb: You're missing an excellent ballgame.
------------------------------------------------
.
[to a teammate who just struck out]
Ty Cobb: Who signed you?
.
Teammate: Go to hell, Cobb.
.
Ty Cobb: Who did that?
------------------------------------------------
.
[to Stumpy, about Cobb, as Willie leaves for town]
Willie: And you sir, you should leave this disgusting, wretched, sorry son of a motherfucker - immediately. Good evening.
-------------------------------------------------
.
[after Cobb stole third]
Opposing pitcher: Shoulda stuck it in that bastard's ear when I had the chance.
-----------------------------------------------
.
Al Stump: All right, listen, you son of a bitch. If you die before the book is finished, I'll write the story I want.
.
Ty Cobb: I ain't gonna die before the story's finished.
.
Al Stump: I'll write slow.
.
Ty Cobb: I'll die slow.
.
[pause, and then] Ty Cobb: Now get your clothes on, we're gonna go get some pussy.
-----------------------------------------------
.
Al Stump: I put up with your bullshit. I give words, I interpret, I give *life* to your bullshit. And you give me nothing. *Nothing!* But grief.
.
Ty Cobb: You have never been this close to greatness in your short life son. And you love it.
========================
.
Editorial note 1:
Sadly, less than 5 persons associated
with his career field, baseball,
attended Ty Cobb's funeral.
.
Editorial note #2:
For those who may be interested in
seeing the movie Cobb, please see
numerous reviews posted by IMDB
site users on imdb.com.
========================

No comments: