SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Monday, August 11, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: comedy-zone.net

THE ROSE BOWL

Image: johnnyroadtrip.com

SPORTS QUOTES

A tough day at the office is even tougher when your OFFICE contains spectator seating." Nik Posa.

"I liked the choreography, but I didn't care for the costumes." Tommy Tune, on why he never considered playing basketball.

"Nothing there but basketball, a game which won't be fit for people until they set the basket umbilicus-high and return the giraffes to the zoo." Ogden Nash.

"I have to thank the guy who fired me because he was also the guy who hired me." Serge Savard, on his firing from Montreal.

"At the end of each year I make a list of my mistakes and it's pretty friggin' long." Dean Lombardi.

"People didn't know the difference between a blue line and a clothes line." Al Michaels, describing Americans' knowledge of hockey prior to the "Miracle on Ice".

"There are still two or three guys who aren't willing to pay the price to win a game. This is not Wal-Mart. There are no discounts in this league." San Jose coach Ron Wilson.

"It felt like a golf swing and my head was on the tee." Edmonton's Tyler Wright, on being clubbed by Joe Murphy.

"I know I'm not very popular on Long Island. I don't know who's less popular, me or Joey Buttafuoco." New York Islander General Manager Don Maloney.

"I guess they respect my shot because they were all ready at the blue line." Patrick Roy, on his attempt at the Edmonton Oilers empty net.

"I tried to talk my daughter out of going with a hockey player but, he’s a good kid. He asked me if he could marry Carrie before he asked her. I said: “You want to what?” I thought he was just going to ask for more ice time." Phil Esposito, on his daughter Carrie getting engaged to Alexander Selivanov.

Hating the New York Yankees is as American as apple pie, unwed mothers and cheating on your income tax." Mike Royko.

"Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for the house in blackjack." Adam Morrow.

"More than any other American sport, baseball creates the magnetic, addictive illusion that it can almost be understood." Thomas Boswell.

"Baseball is the only game left for people. To play basketball, you have to be 7 feet 6 inches. To play football, you have to be the same width." Bill Veeck.

"Baseball is reassuring. It makes me feel as if the world is not going to blow up." Sharon Olds.

"You know you're pitching well when the batters look as bad as you do at the plate." Duke Snider.

"To a pitcher, a base hit is the perfect example of negative feedback." Steve Hovley.

"Baseball fans love numbers. They love to swirl them around their mouths like Bordeaux wine." Pat Conroy.

"They are supposed to be dispassionate dispensers of Pure Justice, icy islands of emotionless calculation. In short, umpires should be acute Republicans." George F. Will.

============================


No comments: