SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Saturday, August 2, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: observer.guardian.co.uk

SERENA WILLIAMS
.
Image: theage.com.au
.
SPORTS QUOTES.
December 4, 2005
.
'Serena just called me and said: "Could I have your autograph?"'
Venus Williams gets a message after beating defending champion Maria Sharapova in their Wimbledon semi-final
.
'I think I need to apologise to the nation for having to stop like that, but I was losing 10 seconds every time my stomach cramped up. I must have eaten a bit too much, I waited a bit too long. I didn't really want to have to resort to that in front of hundreds of thousands of people.
'Paula Radcliffe on her toilet stop in the London marathon
.
'Are we allowed into the regional qualifying for the US Women's Open now?
'Golfer Paul Lawrie, unhappy that women can now enter the open
.
'You know I'm not his best friend, but I found that really appalling.'
Arsene Wenger sticks up for Sir Alex Ferguson after catcalls from the Old Trafford crowd
.
'When a rollocking was expected he just stood there, apparently close to tears
Sven-Goran Eriksson's alleged response to England's 1-0 loss to Northern Ireland
.
'There were more formations out there than in a ballroom dancing team.'
Terry Butcher's assessment of that England performance
.
'It is not often is this job that you get to punch the air and do a little jig and embrace the person standing next to you.'
Tony Blair describes hearing that London had the Olympics
.
'I don't think my sporting accomplishments are going to make my trip to heaven any easier, but it is nice to finish your career on a high note.'
Lance Armstrong after winning a record-breaking seventh Tour de France
.
'I'm ugly, I'm overweight, but I'm happy.'
Ashes hero Andrew Flintoff's self-assessment after victory
.
'I'm so pissed off with the game. I'd rather be planting a few shrubs in the garden.'
Ronnie O'Sullivan is bored with snooker, even after winning a grand prix semi-final
.
'Just because you are paid £120,000 a week and play well for 20 minutes against Tottenham, you think you are a superstar.'
Roy Keane tells team-mate Rio Ferdinand a few home truths.
.
'There is a refreshing honesty about football. At least they stab you in the chest.'
Sir Clive Woodward on his switch of codes
===================

No comments: