SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: answers.yahoo.com

Image: moviehousediner.com
.
HOCKEY QUOTES
Quotes from a web site's forum
.
Ron Francis, asked teammate Mario Lemieux what he did to stay in shape in the off season. Lemieux's response: "I don't order fries with my club sandwich."
.
I love the Dallas Stars billboards:
---
*The only thing our refs shave is the ice.
---
*The ticket covers the hockey. The boxing is a bonus.
---
*One game in a week? Is the N in NFL for Nancy?
---
*At 32 degrees water freezes and blood boils.
---
*Watch people fight at work.
---
*Meet our two defenders: Assault and Battery.
---
*Their whole paycheque is hazard pay.
.
Teemu Selanne, on the importance of the All-Star game: "Winning is always fun, but the car is more important."
.
Tony Amonte, on possessing the NHL’s second-longest active playing streak: "It must be the body. It’s chiseled out of marshmallows."
.
Mike Modano, on Sergei Fedorov’s breaking three sticks on Dallas players: " I don’t know if Anna (Kournikova) told him to get tougher or what."
.
In Chicago, Bob Probert crashed his motorcycle into a car. According to police reports, his blood-alcohol level was more than three times the legal limit and he told officers:
"Just charge me with the usual."
.
After a narrow victory in 1994, Boston Bruins defenseman Al Iafrate was asked why, in the closing moments of the game, he had fired the puck around the boards rather than into the empty net. His reply?
"Empty-net goals are for *******."
.
Steven Tyler, Aerosmith's lead singer, after admiring the Stanley Cup: "This is the only thing that has seen more parties than us."
.
"you look like a bunch of monkeys trying to hump a football!"
Herb Brooks
.
"I'm not looking for the best players, Craig; I'm looking for the right ones."
Herb Brooks
.
dominik hasek:
They say I am unorthodox, I flop around the ice like some kind of fish. I say, who cares as long as I stop the puck?
.
One was on the ice and we put that one back in. Another was up my nose and they had to pull it down."
.
Flyers' forward Sami Kapanen recalls how his front teeth were salvaged after being knocked out five years ago
=======================

.

No comments: