SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Saturday, August 30, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: forum.sportal.com.au

Image: truthaboutit.net
.
BASKETBALL QUOTES
.
We'll see how the game goes. If they're scoring, keep feeding them. If they're missing, then I'll do me. That's talent. I'm multitalented. Like Bo Jackson!"
-- Gilbert Arenas answering a question about whether he would be a distributor or a scorer against the Bulls tonight.
.
"There's always going to be criticism when your name is Jalen. You have to wear a bulletproof vest and be ready for it."
-- Jalen Rose
.
"There's Fredo, there's Sonny and there's Michael. The Godfather handed it over to Michael. I have no problem handing it over to Dwyane."
-- Shaquille O'Neal on comparing Penny Hardaway and Kobe Bryant to Dwyane
.
"I'm tellin' ya man, to be able to stroke it like that must be some kind of feeling"
-- Dick Vitale on J.J. Reddick's ability to hit 3s
.
"I don't think he's going to have a lot of fun over the next 31 games... But it could be worse. He could be going to the Clippers."
-- Bill Fitch on interim Timberwolves coach Kevin McHale
.
"I think it's a great city . I think it's a fabulous city. But in my young juvenile days, I was an idiot and I bought 30 cars. And I need to drive those cars and New York isn't really the place you can do that."
-- Shaquille O'Neal on why he never wants to play for the Knicks
.
"I've got to stop this. My entourages are getting entourages."
-- Jalen Rose, on the trouble finding tickets for everyone when he returns to Detroit.
"I have never seen a fight like that in a game since I was in high school."
--Quentin Richardson on the Pacers-Pistons melee.
.
"Yes it was unanimous, 1-0, and I won."
-- NBA commissioner David Stern, after being asked whether the vote to suspend Ron Artest for the season was unanimous
.
"I think I'll get along real well with Brad. I can see us really going at it in practice every day, then going out and killing something to eat."
-- Greg Ostertag on new Kings teammate Brad Miller
.
"Some days you are going to be some place. Some days you can be moved tomorrow."
-- Kelvin Cato
.
"Bunch of high school kids with $70 million contracts. Damn! I hate my mother for having me too soon!"
-Charles Barkley on the influx of high-schoolers into the NBA)
.
"It's kinda great to see the Celtics doin well again 'cause that was so much fun in my day to go to the Boston Garden and they spit at you and throw things at you and talk about your mom. It sounds like dinner at Kenny Smith's house. "
-Charles Barkley
.
"The mistakes I did with my first two kids, Penny and Kobe, I won't repeat with D-Wade"
-Shaq
.
"Wouldn't. I would just go home. I'd fake an injury or something"
-Shaq a hypothetical question on how he would defend against himself
.
Melbourne Reporter: Chuck what is the first thing you're going to try and do out there today.
Barkley: Score more points than them.
Barkley: We don't have a lot of plays here- most of them are just get the ball to me.
Barkley: Someone had to be me, might as well be me!!!!
.
Shaq quotes:
“Phil took us to the finals three out of the five years and you want to fire him and want to bring in Mike Krzyzewski? Come on, man. That’s like being married to J-Lo, then dropping J-Lo for a girl that’s 5-10, 480 (pounds).”
.
“We’re focusing on the whole pie, not a slice. A slice is good, but it’s not good enough to get you fat. We’re trying to get fat.”
.
“The stats win nothing. I’m still nasty. I’m still great.”
.
“If you go 72-11 and don’t win (the championship), it doesn’t mean anything. Actually it does. It means you’ve cheated and played an extra regular-season game.”
.
On why he barely acknowledged Kobe Bryant before a Lakers-Heat game:
“I didn’t say anything. Got nothing to say. I’m a married man; I don’t need a relationship with another man.”
======================

No comments: