SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Monday, September 8, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: forum.benharper.net

Image: vosibilities.com
.
AMERICAN FOOTBALL QUOTES
Quotes by coach John McKay
.
On fan mail he received as a Tampa Bay coach:
``It was about three-to-one that I was not an SOB. But there were a lot of ones.''
.
On why coaching an expansion team is a religious experience:
``You do a lot of praying, but most of the time the answer is `No.' ''
.
On blocking strategy:
``Hold when you're at home and don't hold when you're on the road.''
.
On intensity:
Intensity is a lot of guys who run fast.
.
When USC kick returner Mike Hunter fell flat on his face on the opening kickoff of the 1965 game at Notre Dame (a 28-7 USC loss):
My God. They shot him.
.
Halftime Speech, trailing Notre Dame 17-0 in 1964 (USC came back to win 20-17):
If you don't score more than 17 points, you'll lose.
.
On losing:
Boy, do I hate to see that scene in the dressing room where a player gets up with tears in his eyes and says, `We'll get `em next year.' `Damn it,' I think, `why didn't we get them this year? Don't worry about the next one. Next year may come and we may all be dead.'
.
On why he rarely had bed checks:
``You usually wind up staying up all night, or until your best player comes in.''
.
On opening days:
``Opening games make me nervous. To tell the truth, I'd rather open with our second game.''
.
Asked if Lynn Cain of the Atlanta Falcons was ready to play against the Bucs:
``Let me know if Cain is able.''
.
Reporter: Coach, would you rather have a big and slow team or a small and fast team?
Pause
McKay: Big and Fast.
.
In 1965 in 39 degree weather, USC had to wait on the field-sharing it with screaming Notre Dame students-for 20 minutes before the Irish came out of the locker room prior to the opening kickoff. In his next trip to South Bend in 1967, McKay told the referee that he wasn't coming out before Notre Dame this time, but the ref warned him that in that case the Irish would win by forfeit, 2-0. That would be the best deal we've ever gotten in this stadium, he said.
=======================

No comments: