SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Sunday, December 5, 2010

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: See body of message


2 EMPTY BOTTLES OF JOE LOUIS PUNCH SODA
( BEVERAGE WAS SOLD IN TWILIGHT OF JOE'S CAREER )
.
Image: photobucket.com
.
BOXING TRIVIA \ QUOTES
Web site presents video of the top 50 boxing knockouts.
.
Click here to view ===> TOP 50 BOXING KNOCKOUTS
.
Source: cagedoctors.com
.
-----
.
Bonus entry: Boxing exercise video
.
Those under 31 years of age can put on their dancing shoes for
a dancing exercise for boxers and MMA fighters.
.
Over 30? Grab a seat and watch --- PERIOD!!!
.
"LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!"
.
Click here to view ===> BOXING EXERCISE
.
Source: youtube.com
.
-----
.
Bonus entry: Boxing quotes
.
“Fear is standing across the room from Joe Louis knowing he wants to go home early.”
- Max Baer
.
“To be a champ, you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will.”
- Sugar Ray Robinson
.
How dare these boxers challenge me with their primitive skills?
- Mike Tyson
.
"How could he (Roy Jones) say he is the best boxer in the world and he's not even the best boxer in Florida??"
- Antonio Tarver
.
"A boxer is a mischievous person," Rodriguez added. "When a mother says, 'He's a bad kid' - that's who's going to make a good boxer."
– CNN’s David Ariosto
.
"It's not bragging if you can back it up!”
- Muhammad Ali
.
"Aaah! My arm! I think it's broken!"
- Arturo Gatti
"What do you want to do?"
- Buddy McGirt
"I'm going to keep fighting!"
- Arturo Gatti
.
"When did you know you had control of this (Tito Trinidad) fight?"
- Marc Goldberg
"When Tito signed the contract."
- Bernard Hopkins
.
"I hit him (David Tua) with some right hands and he smiled so I said, well, receive some more then!"
- Lennox Lewis
.
"And he's expected to be booed Jim... and his answer, "I come from Philadelphia where they boo Santa Clause!" Once again, turning a negative into a positive." - - Larry Merchant speaking to Jim Lampley referring to Bernard Hopkins' ring entrance for Tito fight.
.
Larry Merchant, “They did count you out!”
Marlon Starling, “When? He didn't hit me!”
Larry Merchant, “Marlon, he did hit you and if you don't remember it that's proof that he hit you but the dispute is whether he hit you as the bell rang or after the bell rang.”
.
Source: forums.doghouseboxing.com
.
==================

No comments: