SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Sunday, December 5, 2010

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: flyaboveall.com


UNITED STATES NAVY'S BLUE ANGELS
IN FORMATION FOR AN AIR SHOW PERFORMANCE
Image: jmg-galleries.com
.
AIR SPORTS VIDEO \ QUOTES
Web site presents more than 100 quotes about air sports and flying.
.
Related topics: aviation, air planes,
.
Below are a link to a Blue Angels air show and a link to air sports quotes.
.
"LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!"
.
Click here to view ===> AIR SHOW VIDEO
.
Source: youtube.com
.
-----
.
Flying is within our grasp. We have naught to do but take it.
- Charles F. Duryea, 'Learning How to Fly,' Procedings of the Third International Conference on Aeronautics, 1894.
.
Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.
- Roger B. Chaffee, astronaut.
.
It was a thunderingly beautiful experience – voluptuous, sexual, dangerous, and expensive as hell.
- Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. 'Playboy Interview, 1973,' regards the Apollo launches.
.
Ah hell. We had more fun in a week than those weenies had in a lifetime.
- Pancho Barnes, quoted in 'The Happy Bottom Riding Club - The Life and Times of Pancho Barnes,' by Lauren Kesler.
.
I have the normal desire, experienced by everybody who's ever flown an airplane with a certain amount of zoom capability, to go a little bit higher and a little bit faster.
- Gordon Cooper, Mercury 9 astronaut, in 'Life' magazine, 1959.
.
It's the most exciting thing you have ever done with your pants on!
- Stephen Coonts, 'Flight of the Intruder'
.
Air racing may not be better than your wedding night, but it's better than the second night.
- Mickey Rupp, air racer and former Indianapolis 500 driver.
.
I was sold on flying as soon as I had a taste for it.
- John Glenn
.
It will free man from the remaining chains, the chains of gravity which still tie him to this planet. It will open to him the gates of heaven.
- Wernher von Braun, on the importance of space travel, 10 February 1958.
.
What is it that makes a man willing to sit up on top of an enormous Roman candle, such as a Redstone, Atlas, Titan or Saturn rocket, and wait for someone to light the fuse?
- Tom Wolfe, 'The Right Stuff,' 1979.
.
It was quite a day. I don't know what you can say about a day when you see four beautiful sunsets. . . . This is a little unusual, I think.
- John Glen, in 'American Chronicle,' Lois and Alan Gordon, 1962.
.
As you pass from sunlight into darkness and back again every hour and a half, you become startlingly aware how artificial are thousands of boundaries we've created to separate and define. And for the first time in your life you feel in your gut the precious unity of the Earth and all the living things it supports.
- Russell 'Rusty' Schweikart, returning from Apollo 9
.
Click here to view ===> AIR SPORTS \ FLYING QUOTES
==================

No comments: