SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Sunday, June 29, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: dailymail.co.uk

FOR WIN AT WIMBLEDON, IT'S ON THE HOUSE, ELENA

Image: littlecaesars.com

SPORTS QUOTES

They said it: Sporting quotes of the week

'I told him, next time he does that, I'm going to get my blade out and cut him. I'm a gangster. You go gangster on me, I'm going to have to get you. You do that again, I'm going to cut you right on the field'
The New York Mets manager, Jerry Manuel, explains his policy on player tantrums when they get pulled from games after Jose Reyes threw his toys out of the pram.

'Things did happen very quickly for me and a lot of hot air was blown up my arse. At 19, I think it went to my head a bit'
England wing Tom Varndell, preparing for his first cap in two years, admits he got too big for his boots upon being handed his Test debut.

'People say I've lost my power and I'm shot but I've been to the fountain of youth and I'm going to come back and shock them all'
Michael Gomez promises Amir Khan a birthday surprise ahead of their Commonwealth lightweight title fight, the day of which Gomez turned 31, and lost.

'I want to be the traitor of Holland'
Russia coach Guus Hiddink is happy to be public enemy number one back in his native country ahead of his side's Euro 2008 quarter-final with Holland.

'It is my opinion. That is why I don't mind if people get upset. It is my decision. It is what I want. I don't know what I have to say to him. I have to say what I want and what I think'
Cristiano Ronaldo risks the wrath of Sir Alex Ferguson by claiming he does not care what the Manchester United boss thinks about his desire to join Real Madrid.

'I still don't fear anyone. The only things I fear in life are cockroaches'
Defending Wimbledon women's champion Venus Williams is not scared of afirst-round upset after being drawn against Britain's Naomi Cavaday.

'This will probably haunt me for the rest of my life'
Croatia coach Slaven Bilic after his side's heartbreaking Euro 2008 penalty shootout defeat to Turkey, a game that saw both sides score in the dying minutes of extra-time.

'No victory is worth the life of another person. I want to ask the Turkish people to enjoy themselves but not hurt anyone else while they are doing it'
Turkey coach Fatih Terim urges the country's fans to celebrate responsibly after a young girl was injured in Turkey and taken to intensive care when shots were fired in the air following his side's victory over the Czech Republic.

'We are not going to lock them in their rooms after a Test match. Players have got to take responsibility for their own actions, on and off the field'
England rugby union elite performance director Rob Andrew defends the decisionto allow squad members on a night out after the second Test in New Zealand,despite questions being raised over the team's conduct on tour following apolice investigation into an alleged sexual assault.

'If I'm going to give you a Maserati, it would be a good idea if you had a driving licence'
UEFA technical director Andy Roxburgh defends the governing body's stance on Pro Licences after the unqualified Paul Ince was named as Blackburn boss.

'I'm really gutted because it means I've had to cut out pizza - pepperoni was my favourite. I'll have to ask my coach if I can have a slice tonight to celebrate'
A slim-downed Elena Baltacha's new regime pays off as she wins her first-round match at Wimbledon.

'You know, I absolutely love trenchcoats. I mean, I love coats, and I don't know why because I live in Florida, so it doesn't really add up'
Serena Williams on making a fashion statement at Wimbledon.

'Maybe again the jacket will be back again next year'
Roger Federer on wearing a cardigan onto court for his opening match.

'Whether I'm black, white or whatever, I'm just proud to be in the Premier League'
Paul Ince on becoming the first black Briton to manage in the Premier League.

'I guess the bumblebee got me off to a bad start'
Venus Williams after a bee distracted her enough to see her serve broken against Britain's Naomi Cavaday.

'Someone upstairs made the ball roll over'
Top seed Ana Ivanovic credits divine intervention for the incredible net cord that spared her defeat against Nathalie Dechy in an epic second-round match at Wimbledon.

'Maybe I will buy some better duct tape. No, I like my car. I think it's cool'
British qualifier Chris Eaton - who recorded a remarkable first-round win at Wimbledon despite being the lowest-ranked player in the men's draw at 661 - insists he will not trade in his old Vauxhall Astra, which has a broken wing mirror, despite earning more than £20,000 at SW19.

'What did I say? The strawberries are too expensive. It's true. You don't haveenough (money) for dessert. It's true'
Marat Safin forgets his previous dislike for Wimbledon after ousting third seed Novak Djokovic in straight sets.

'I don't like her outfit. Can I put it this way? She experiments, and I give her credit for that. She's brave enough to experiment. Sometimes she has good ones, sometimes not. That's my personal opinion, again. Maybe someone will tell me I dress terribly'
Alla Kudryavtseva reveals her motivation behind beating Maria Sharapova at Wimbledon, the shock of the tournament so far.


No comments: