SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Monday, July 14, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: newsmax.com

GOLF QUOTES

Paul Goydos recently made a name for himself by finishing second at The Players Championship as well as for his humorous and insightful quotes to the press that week.

On his high ranking on Internet searches: “Yeah, fifth on Saturday and ninth on Sunday. I'm trying to figure out what this nation is thinking about.”

After being asked if he was “mobbed” at the airport following The Players: “If you mob at the airport, I think they arrest you.”

On why he had no endorsements entering the season: “To me, you know, we're playing for $275 million. Somebody offers me $100,000 to switch my equipment; I'm going to look at them like they're insane. I play golf for a living, I don't sell golf clubs for a living.”

======================

Annika Sorenstam’s announcement that she will quit golf at the end of this season caught many by surprise, but once she explained her decision, it made more sense.

First of all, Sorenstam said she didn’t want to limp or hobble into the twilight of her career an injured mess.

“Now I'm leaving on my terms. This is the way I played for all these years. That's the way I want to remember my career out here,” she said.

=========================

Richard Finch made his second and third big splash on the European Tour recently. His first came in December in New Zealand when the Englishman took home his first tour title.

The next came on the final day of the Irish Open, when he fell into a river and then won the tournament.

Standing on the bank of the River Maigue that bordered the par-5, 18th hole of Adare Manor, Finch’s momentum on his third shot carried him onto the water, reminiscent of Woody Austin’s dunking at last year’s Presidents Cup.

“I never gave a thought to falling in,” Finch said. “Making decent contact was the only thing I was bothered about.

"But the momentum of the shot took me in and once I got out again, I thought ‘God, I'm going to take a while to live this one down.’ I was absolutely dumbstruck, but I had swimming lessons as a kid, so I wasn't fearing for my safety.”

====================


No comments: