SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Monday, July 14, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: northsidebaseball.com

Image: photos-e.ak.facebook.com

BASEBALL QUOTES
Mostly Chicago Cubs \ Wrigley Field Quotes
.
Chicago Cubs fans are 90% scar tissue -- George Will
.
"Greg Maddux could put a baseball through a life saver if you asked him." - Joe Morgan
.
"He makes it look easy[Maddux]. You wish there was another league he could get called up to." - Dwight Gooden
.
Ben Sheets, Cubs pitcher:
About trading for OF Carlos Lee
"Well, it will be really good to finally have someone hitting behind me for protection."
.
They showed him his one hit he had in 2005 I belive in Colorado(a weak grounder that got by the 1st baseman) and this is what he said:

"Well its Coors field and thats a tough place to hit, the suns in your eyes and the air's pretty thick so you got to be ready for something nasty. I was just really locked in that day, I got a good piece of the ball I thought it had a chance to go out of the park..... But the ball was not carrying to 2nd base that day"
.
During the 1st broadcast of 2007 Brian Anderson (Brewers PBP)
"Ben's just happy to have a batting average"
.
Momentum? Momentum is the next day's starting pitcher. - Earl Weaver
.
"A baseball game is twice as much fun if you're seeing it on the company's time." -William C. Feather
.
"Putting lights in Wrigley Field is like putting aluminum siding on the Sistine Chapel." -Roger Simon
.
"The place was always cold, and I got the feeling that the fans would have enjoyed baseball more if it had been played with a hockey puck." -Andre Dawson, on Montreal
.
"The strongest thing that baseball has going for it today are its yesterdays." -Lawrence Ritter
.
"I don't care how long you've been around, you'll never see it all." -Bob Lemon
.
There is a clock in other sports. There's no clock in baseball. If you can keep on hitting, if you can keep getting on base, if you can keep that rally going, you can play until ... a week from now. There is no parameter that makes it impossible for you to perform still more excellently.
-Mario Cuomo
.
It's just like fishing. You're going striped bass fishing. You've got birds on top and you follow the birds. Where the birds are, the bait fish are below that. Below the bait fish are the striped bass. That's what you want to do. That's how you want to do your lineup. That way they can't escape. That's how I try to make my lineup out so the opposition can't pitch around this guy or that guy and that guy and can't escape. You try to get them in the crossfire.--- Dusty Baker.
.
"All my friends became Cardinal fans and grew up happy and liberal. I became a Cub fan and grew up embittered and conservative." - George Will
.
"The way to get a ball past Honus is to hit it eight feet over his head." - John McGraw
.
"I'd play for half my salary if I could hit in this dump all the time." - Babe Ruth on Wrigley Field.
.
"No matter what I talk about, I always get back to baseball." - Connie Mack
.
"When a [samurai] warrior killed himself, he needed an assistant who would finish the job by cutting his head off. The task was always left to a trusted and highly skilled swordsman, because this had to be done with one clean, perfect stroke. If the stroke was not perfect, the result would be a horrible mess. I approached the task of hitting a baseball in the same manner."
- Sadaharu Oh
.
"When I began playing the game, baseball was about as gentlemanly as a kick in the crotch." --Ty Cobb
.
"I never could stand losing. Second place didn't interest me. I had a fire in my belly." --Ty Cobb

No comments: