SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Monday, July 14, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: usopen.org


Image: irvinehousingblog.com

TENNIS QUOTES
U. S. Open 2007 Quotes
.
Maria Sharapova on what she did while she was nursing a left shin injury:
“Two days. Told you. The next day was pretty bad. It was very disappointing because I had a few friends coming into town to watch me play if I was in the final, and all of them decided to go bowling, which was perfect with a bad shin.”
.
John Isner on his nicknames at the University of Georgia:
“Yeah. One was "Grandpa." I'm so slow with everything I do, I don't get much accomplished. Off the tennis court, I just sit around, don't do anything. And "Lloyd," the new one was "Lloyd." I got this awful, awful haircut one time. Remember Lloyd Christmas from Dumb and Dumber. You know he had this straight across, it was exactly what my hair was like. Only thing missing was the chipped tooth.”
.
Ana Ivanovic on requests from her devoted fans:
“Yeah, actually yesterday when I was signing autographs after practice, the guy asked me to sign his forehead. I was like, Are you kidding?”
.
Marat Safin on Pete Sampras’ claim that Safin was “able to be No. 1 in the world for as long a time as he wanted to:”
“See, even the geniuses make the mistakes. He was wrong.”
.
Tim Henman on his favorite moments in tennis:
“I think the best overall is Paris, the Masters Series, when I won. I think for the consistent level of tennis. You know, Basel I played some I remember one year only dropping my serve once the whole week, making Roger cry in the final. That was pretty special. I have to remind him of that every once in a while just to keep his feet on the ground.”
.
Asha Rolle on what she’s planning to do with her US Open earnings:
“Got to go pay some bills.”
.
Alun Jones on a former occupation of his:
“Real shovel. I was just digging a lot of holes. That's what I was doing.”
.
Agnes Szavay on her hobbies:
“I love horses. I like to ride horses. I love every sport which one has a ball. I don't like running or stuff like that, but I like everything what has a ball.”
.
Novak Djokovic on the one player he can’t impersonate:
“Well, the untouchable one, Roger. Well, he's too perfect for my style. I cannot. Plus, I don't have a long hair. I hope he doesn't hear this.”
.
Carlos Moya on Novak Djokovic’s promising future as a comedian:
“But for sure he can do it very well. That's a gift and he does it very well. So if he doesn't succeed in tennis, maybe he has a good career in that. I guess he's pretty successful in tennis though.”

No comments: