SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Thursday, July 31, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: pbnation.com

.
Image: msnbcmedia4.msn.com
.
SPORTS QUOTES
Quotes from a Sports Forum
.
There is no pain. Pain is a state of mind. But you wanna know whats permanent? The score at the end of the game."
My football coach to me after i had sprained my ankle, and they had nobody to send in for me. Needless to say, the pain went away, and we won the game.
.
More from high school coaches:
.
my lax coach: "they suck, lets go beat their *** and this way you guys can impress their bitches while your at it, At***D you better share!"
.
"They are going to come out with their shiny helmets, flashy jerseys, and new shows, but highschool football isnt about looking cool, its about knockin the **** out of someone"-Chris Haddock (one of my HS coaches)
.
"It's not over until I win!"
.
or my friends high school football coach:"your tenacious, like a baby in a dumpster, you can play special teams."
.
BLOCK You sissy pissing banana faggots!"
.
**** if we include HS coaches heres what mine say
Youre pissin me the **** off. Get it up right now! All I need is 11 swingin dicks to play football. Now ****ing play!
---
We are gonna go to their stadium, steal their bitches, win the game, steal their bitches in their cars, key their cars and then call it a day.
---
XXXXXXX (lineman) you are spread out like a goddamn 8 year old prostitute.
***End of high school quotes
.
"Athletes row. Everyone else just plays games."
.
This ------ game is over!"
- Chuck Bednarik
.
Q: How many times have you and Tie Domi fought?
Probie: Not enough
.
If you've never had a beer, dropped the mitts, or packed a lip, you're probably not a hockey player, and if you are, your probably not very good."-Todd Bertuzzi
.
"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up."
Vince Lombardi
.
Steve Prefontaine quotes:
.
"Some people create with words or with music or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run. I like to make people stop and say, 'I've never seen anyone run like that before.' It's more than just a race, it's a style. It's doing something better than anyone else. It's being creative."
---
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the Gift."
---
"From now on, I’m going to be a dirty son of a bitch. I’m going to foul a lot of people. I’ll get thrown out of a few races, but it's time we Americans learned to run like the Europeans." Steve Prefontaine in an interview with Bert Nelson of Track & Field News, following his courageous run at a gold medal at the 1972 Olympics, after being cut off twice by Mohamed Gamoudi of Tunisia in the 5000 meter final, who edged an exhausted Pre in the last five meters for the bronze medal.
---
"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
=======================

OFF TOPIC HUMOR FROM DICK GREGORY:
On Comics Unleashed, Gregory said he's so old
now that when his wife asked him to run
upstairs to have sex, he replied,
"Make up your mind, I can't do both!"
---------------------------------

No comments: