SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Thursday, July 31, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: whatquote.com

.
Image: cdn.overstock.com
.
SPORTS QUOTES
.
"Being number two sucks.” Andre Agassi
.
“I feel old when I see mousse in my opponent's hair.” Andre Agassi
.
"The only English words I saw in Japan were Sony and Mitsubishi.” Bill Gullickson
.
“Hell, if KY jelly went off the market, the whole California Angels pitching staff would be out of baseball.” Bill Lee
.
"If it had been me out there, I'd had bitten him his ear off. I'd have Van Gogh'ed him.” Bill Lee
.
I would change policy, bring back natural grass and nickel beer. Baseball is the belly-button of our society. Straighten out baseball, and you straighten out the rest of the world.” Bill Lee
.
"Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it.” Cal Hubbard
.
“I didn't have evil intentions, but I guess I did have power.” Harmon Killebrew
.
“My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass"; "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys";” Harmon Killebrew
.
"This taught me a lesson, but I'm not sure what it is.” John McEnroe
.
"If, in a few months, I'm only number 8 or number 10 in the world, I'll have to look at what off-the-court work I can do. I will need to do something if I want to be number 1.” John McEnroe
.
"I've seldom seen a horny player walk into a bar and not let out exactly what he did for a living.” Johnmy Bench
.
"A catcher and his body are like the outlaw and his horse. He's got to ride that nag till it drops.” Johnny Bench
.
“I'm the guy that made Joe DiMaggio famous.” Lefty Gomez
.
"Some guys are admired for coming to play, as the saying goes. I prefer those who come to kill.” Leo Durocher
.
“In the olden days, the umpire didn't have to take any courses in mind reading. The pitcher told you he was going to throw at you.” Leo Durocher
.
"God watches over drunks and third baseman.” Leo Durocher
.
“Buy a steak for a player on another club after the game, but don't even speak to him on the field. Get out there and beat them to death.” Leo Durocher
.
"I never met a man I didn't want to fight.” Lyle Alzado
.
"I don't really trust a sane person.” Lyle Alzado
.
"When you can whip any man in the world, you never know peace.”Muhammad Ali
.
There are more pleasant things to do than beat up people.” Muhammad Ali
.
"I've come to accept that the life of a frontrunner is a hard one, that he will suffer more injuries than most men and that many of these injuries will not be accidental.” Pele
.
“When badminton was accepted into the Barcelona Olympic Games it showed that there was an acceptance of my sport internationally.” Rhonda Cator
.
“If you step on people in this life, you're going to come back as a cockroach.” Willie Davis
.
“I think I have already signed some scrap of paper for every man, woman, and child in the United States. What do they do with all those scraps of paper with my signature on it?” Vida Blue
======================

No comments: