SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Saturday, July 26, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: forum.teamxbox.com

Image: thesportshernia.typepad.com
.
BASKETBALL QUOTES
.
"So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?"--Larry Bird, in the locker room before the first three point contest.
.
I’m a GM in fantasy basketball and I’m a GM on PlayStation, so on PlayStation I probably would have got a little more, but this is real life, so I don’t know.” – Jalen on the Vince Carter trade
.
"But can't nobody [mess] with me. I'm like toilet paper, Pampers and toothpaste. I'm definitely proven to be effective. I've still got a good 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 years left."--Shaq
.
Reporter- " How do you feel abou the T's the refs put on you tonight?"
Shaq-"Teach the damn refs how to call a **** game"
Reporter- " Shaq! We're live on TV"
Shaq- " I dont give a ****!"
.
"Why don't you pick on someone your own size?" -fan to MJ after dunking on John Stockton
"Is he big enough?" -MJ after dunking on Utah's 7 foot center
.
Bob Costas announcing a St. Louis game, "You can bet the last thing Coach Bob McKinnon wants is a repeat of last Friday night's blow job" (followed by 2 minutes of radio silence I'll bet)
.
Horry: I din't touch him!!! I didn't touch him!!! (unbelieving face) REF: Then who was it?? Will Smith???
.
"Unstoppable, baby!" -Warrior rookie Marc Jackson to the Mavericks' bench, after hitting a lay-up during a 29-point loss.
.
Barkley, to then rookie Cuttino Mobley : "Say, Cuttino. What are those Godawful clothes you're wearing? Man, this ain't Rhode Island anymore. You're in the NBA. The girls have teeth here."
.
Me shooting 40% at the foul line it's just God's way to say nobody's perfect" -Shaq
.
"that guy is an idiot, i-d-i-u-t" -shaq
.
I will miss him a lot. He was a good friend. And he owes me $80." - Yao Ming, on Bostjan Nachbar getting traded
.
My favourite American song? Star Splanged Banner, I listen it 82 times every year. - Yao Ming
.
"This is one o' my most rememorable...did I say that right? Rememorable? Whatever, man, y'all know what I'm talkin' 'bout. I'm gonna remember this game." - Allen Iverson
.
William Gates in his Marquette University dorm room: "People always say to me, 'When you get to the NBA, don't forget me.' Well, if I don't get to the NBA, you don't forget about me."
.
"The thigh bone is not connected to the free-throw bone" - Shaq after hitting 6-7 FTs in the 4th quarter of Game 4 against Detroit.
.
One of my favorites also came from Shaq. A few seasons ago he had to have surgery during the season that Phil Jackson had said he should have taken care of during the off season. Next year, Phil Jackson had to have some kind of minor procedure (kidney stones?). When asked about it Shaq said "He should of had it taken care of in the off season".
.
We try to treat the road like it's a home game. We ain't got no fans at home, neither." -- Dion Glover, on the Hawks.
.
Charles Barkley- On supersized Oliver Miller: "You can't even jump high enough to touch the rim, unless they put a Big Mac on it."
.
After cops pull him and some of his fellow Trail Blazers over (i think it was DA and stoudamire) and asks him if they have any more weed (cuz he smelled weed) "nope we smoked it all up" -Sheed
========================

No comments: