SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

FUINNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: quotations.about.com

OLYMPICS SPORTS QUOTES
.
[ Includes Track and Field Sports ]
.
Charles Barkley, American basket ball player quotes:
Curling is not a sport. I called my grandmother and told her she could win a gold medal because they have dusting in the Olympics now.
.
Noureddine Morceli, Algerian athlete, 1996 Summer Olympics:
And then in life, you always have to try, and today, I may not have succeeded, but I am happy to have tried to beat my record.
.
Eamonn Coghlan, Irish athlete, 3-time winner of Olympics:
Runners in the western world have a tendency to create psychological barriers for themselves, but Morceli runs at will, with no inhibitions.
.
Jesse Owens, African-American athlete, 1936 Summer Olympics:
-- A lifetime of training for just ten seconds.
.
Mia Hamm, American football player, 2004 Summer Olympics:
I am building a fire, and everyday I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match.
.
Fanny Blankers-Koen, Dutch athlete, 1948 Summer Olympics:
All I've done is run fast. I don't see why people should make much fuss about that.
.
Noureddine Morceli, Algerian athlete, 1996 Summer Olympics:
[on the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona] Barcelona is now in the past. I was sick and boxed in, and that's understandable why I lost.
.
Cathy Freeman, Australian athlete, 2000 Summer Olympics:
I decided that I was going to go to the Olympics to see if I had made the right decision to retire because I knew that if I'd made the mistake of retiring I would know during and after those Games in Athens.
.
Florence Griffith Joyner, American athlete, 1988 Summer Olympics:
When anyone tells me I can't do anything, I'm just not listening any more.
.
Noureddine Morceli, Algerian athlete, 1996 Summer Olympics:
I run to be known as the greatest runner, the greatest of all time. I could not eat or sleep for a week after I lost in the [1992] Olympics. I have to win or die.
.
Mark Spitz, American swimmer, 1972 Summer Olympics:
[On winning seven gold medals] I swam my brains out.
.
Noureddine Morceli, Algerian athlete, 1996 Summer Olympics:
[on the 3000m world record] I think my 3:27 for 1500m is worth 7:21 for 3000m.
.
Sebastian Coe, 2-time winner of Olympics:
[after losing the 800m final in 1980] To anyone who has started out on a long campaign believing that the gold medal was destined for him, the feeling when, all of a sudden, the medal has gone somewhere else is quite indescribable.
========================

No comments: