SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Sunday, August 10, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: cs.tennisweek.com

Image: vitamindeedesigns.com
.
TENNIS QUOTES
Overheard at the Summer Olympics, 2008
.
Olympics: Tennis stars fume over heat, pollution
Agence France-Presse
08/06/2008
.
BEIJING -- Soaring heat and humidity and choking pollution have hit the build-up to the Olympic tennis tournament with top stars lining up to complain.
.
With big-name players sweating through practices in sauna conditions, the temperature and overhanging smog have been the main talking points at the open-air Olympic Green Tennis Center.
.
Incoming world number one Rafael Nadal, dripping with sweat during a practice match with Fernando Gonzalez, accidentally broke a racquet when it slipped out of his hand on serve.
.
Women's number two Ana Ivanovic appeared exhausted during a work-out on Wednesday, doubling up on court to catch her breath.
.
And players beaded with perspiration have been toweling off and drinking gallons of liquid as they go through their routines in the oppressive heat.
.
Gonzalez, who is bidding to defend his doubles title with Nicolas Massu, admitted conditions were extremely difficult with temperatures of up to 34 deg C (93 deg F) and unpalatable smog.
.
"The conditions are really tough with the pollution and it's really hot. We don't have too many days to adapt so I hope to be much better than today," he said.
.
Slovakian beauty Daniela Hantuchova said she had never experienced such heat.
"It's tough. It's maybe the hottest weather I've experienced," she said. "Hopefully it can cool down."
.
Meanwhile, Australia's Samantha Stosur said conditions were "pretty rough" and among the most difficult all season.
"It is very hot and very humid and the sun isn't even out yet so I'm sure it will probably only get worse from here," Stosur said.
"It is unpredictable and probably the hottest conditions we are going to play in all year."
.
The heat and humidity of a Beijing summer, along with chronic pollution, have been major concerns for participants in the Beijing Games, which open on Friday.
.
Many athletes arriving in the Chinese capital have expressed concern about air quality, including four members of the US cycling team who wore masks as they emerged from the city's airport.
.
On Wednesday, much of the Games complex was just a blur from Olympic Green, just over two kilometers (a mile and a half) away.
.
According to Australia's Alicia Molik, heat and pollution were all part and parcel of playing in China.
"I've been in China seven or eight times. I'm very used to playing in the heat and experiencing the thick air," she said.
"Tennis players are used to experiencing so many things. It's just something that you have to get on board with and work around.
.
Former world number one Lleyton Hewitt admitted high temperatures and humidity could be a problem but insisted he enjoyed playing in hot weather.
"I had a hit out there today. The smog didn't worry me. I think the heat and humidity will cause more of a problem but I like to play in these conditions," Hewitt said.
.
And Tommy Robredo hoped the heat would give Spanish players an edge.
"We already just came from Cincinnati, but here it's really hot. It's really humid," Robredo said.
"Because the weather in Spain is so hot I think the Spanish players will be in better condition physically and that will be an advantage."
========================

No comments: