SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: forum.ottawagolf.com

GOLF QUOTES
.
Famous (and not so famous) Quotes
Compiled By OttawaGolf
.
The real trick of golf course architecture is to lure the golfer into a false sense of security. - Pete Dye
.
Golf architects can't play golf themselves and make damn sure no one else can. - unknown
.
Victory is everything. You can spend the money, but you can never spend the memories. - Ken Venturi
.
Until you play it St Andrews it looks like the sort of real estate you couldn't give away. - Sam Snead
.
The practice tee; a place for golfers to go to convert a nasty hook into a wicked slice. - Henry Beard
.
Hundreds of years of experience has demonstrated that the game is temporary insanity, practiced in a cow pasture. - Dave Kindred.
.
The game of golf is 90% mental, the other 10% is mental. - Mulligan's laws
.
Golf is the favorite game of Scotland. It is played everywhere. It is too slow a game, however, for Canada. We would go to sleep over it. - John B. MacLean, 1891
.
Golf is the hardest sport... One day you are on cloud nine, and the next you couldn't scratch a whale's belly. - Sam Sneed
.
Golf is game where guts, stick-to-itiveness and blind devotion will always net you absolutely nothing but an ulcer. - Tommy Bolt
.
Golf is a non-violent game played violently from within. - Bob Toski
.
I'm in the woods so much I can tell you which plants are edible. - Lee Trevino
.
The golf swing is like sex. You can't be thinking about the mechanics of the act while you are performing. - Dave Hill
.
The only shots you can be dead sure of are those you've had already. - Byron Nelson
.
The fun you get from golf is in direct ratio to the effort you don't put into it. - Bob Allen
.
The greatest liar in the world is the golfer who claims he plays the game for merely exercise. - Tommy Bolt
.
If you want to beat someone out on the golf course, just get him mad. - Dave Willaims
.
Putts get real difficult the day they hand out the money. - Lee Trevino
.
Let's see, I think I right now I'm third in the money-winning and first in money-spending. -Tony Lema
.
Golf is the hardest game in the world to play, and the easiest to cheat at. - Dave Hill
.
If I had my way, any man guilty of golf would be ineligible for any office of trust in the United States. - H.L. Mencken
=======================

No comments: