SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Sunday, June 29, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: network.nationalpost.com


Image: amazon.com
.
BASEBALL QUOTES
.
MLB: The (bleepin') best of (bleepin') Guillen
Posted: June 02, 2008, 6:01 PM by Jeremy Sandler
.
It seems Chicago White Sox general manager Kenny Williams’ line for supporting Ozzie Guillen stops when his sometimes controversial, often combative and almost always quotable manager levels criticism at his own front office.
.
Williams, the architect of both Chicago’s 2005 World Series-winning team — and the squad that entered yesterday with a one-game lead in the American League Central — took issue with Guillen ripping into his team’s offence after a 4-3 extra-inning loss to the Tampa Bay Rays.
.
“It’s just not a good idea to throw your boss under the bus, especially when that boss has had your back as much as I have had his,” Williams wrote in an e-mail to the Chicago Tribune. “I expect this team, if the leadership remains positive and the players stick together and continue to play hard, it will be a fun summer.
.
“The offence will begin to produce when collectively they say the hell with all the theories, stay loose, pick the pitch you want to hit and hit it hard. It will be nice to see them lighten up and have some fun.”
.
Heading into play yesterday, Chicago ranked ninth in the AL with 244 runs, eighth in on-base percentage and 12th in hitting with a .247 average.
.
But the White Sox first-place status was not enough to keep the 44-year-old Guillen from launching a verbal tirade after his team scored just four runs in three losses to the Rays.
.
“I expect Kenny to do something Tuesday. Because if we don’t do anything Tuesday, there’s [going to be] a lot of change in the lineup,” said Guillen, reportedly spicing his comments with more than an occasional expletive. “It could be me. It could be [hitting coach] Greg Walker, the players, anybody. I’m sick and tired watching this for a year and a half. I’m not protecting anybody anymore.”
.
Shooting from the lip has been standard for Guillen over his four-plus seasons managing on Chicago’s South Side:
.
May 2008, on the reaction of the fans and media after Chicago was swept by Toronto:
.
“They forget pretty quickly. A couple of days ago we were the [bleeping] best [bleep] in town. Now we’re [bleep],” said Guillen. “We won it a couple years ago, and we’re horse[bleep]. The Cubs haven’t won in [100] years, and they’re the [bleeping] best. [Bleep] it, we’re good. [Bleep] everybody.”
.
May 2007, on Chicago radio host Mike North criticizing his use of catchers A.J. Pierzynski and Toby Hall:
.
“Oh, shut the [bleep] up! I know you like A.J. but there’s no reason for you to make lineups and [bleep]. I don’t care what A.J. thinks. I make the best lineup. I want to find out what Toby Hall can do for this ballclub, find out right away how we are going to use him. I never said A.J. was in a platoon. Believe me, I’m tired of you guys and this bull[bleep] every [bleeping] day.”
.
June 2006, after Chicago Sun-Times columnist Jay Mariotti criticized Guillen’s handling of pitcher Sean Tracey:
.
“What a piece of [bleep] [Mariotto] is, [bleeping] fag. He’s garbage … he’s always been garbage … and he will die garbage.”
.
Early 2006, before the World Baseball Classic, when Yankees star Alex Rodriguez said he could not decide between playing for the United States or the Dominican Republic:
.
“Alex was kissing Latino people’s asses … He knew he wasn’t going to play for the Dominicans … He’s not a Dominican! I hate hypocrites, he’s full of [expletive],” said Guillen. “The Dominican team doesn’t need his ass...It’s the same thing with [Nomar] Garciaparra playing for Mexico … Garciaparra only knows Cancun because he went to visit.”
.
2005, after former White Sox outifelder Magglio Ordonez claimed Guillen forced him to play hurt and convinced Chicago not to re-sign him:
.
“Who the [bleep] is Magglio Ordonez? Why ever talk about me? He doesn’t do [bleep] for me. But if he thinks I’m his enemy, he has a big enemy.”

No comments: