SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Sunday, June 29, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: blogs.timesunion.com

BIG BROWN'S TRAINER, RICK DUTROW

Image: cache.daylife.com

SPORTS QUOTES

Sports loudmouths

June 5, 2008 By DAVID SANCHIRICO

Rick Dutrow Jr. is making quite a name for himself.
The trainer of Triple Crown hopeful Big Brown has been in the media spotlight with his sure-thing guarantees regarding his horse.
Dutrow could be eating his words if Big Brown loses. Otherwise, he’d be justified in telling everyone, “I told you so.”

How do Dutrow’s boasts compare to those of other quotable sports figures? Here is a list of 10 bombastic sports personalities:

10. Rasheed Wallace. The Detroit Pistons forward is always quick to criticize. Quote: “I told (official) Leroy (Richardson) my son could fool him and it ain’t even Halloween.”

9. Ozzie Guillen. Not afraid to speak his mind, the White Sox manager is a favorite of the Chicago media. Quote: “Now, there are just 30 or 40 reporters around to see how big my mouth really is.”

8. Terrell Owens. T.O. is cocky most of the time, but when he’s unhappy, he doesn’t keep it hidden from the media. Quote: “I’ll watch the highlights every now and then but, as far as watching the game, I feel like I am the game.”

7. Joe Namath. With his charisma and self-assured attitude, Namath was the perfect quarterback for New York. Quote: “We’ll win this game, I guarantee it.”

6. George Foreman. Now more known for his business ventures than his boxing, Big George drew a crowd during his time in the ring. Quote: “I want to keep fighting because it is the only thing that keeps me out ofhamburger joints. If I don’t fight, I’ll eat this planet.”

5. Art Shires. The 1930s White Sox certainly was charismatic. He had a wardrobe of 50 suits and 100 hats. Quote: Shires gave himself his own nickname, “The Great.”

4. Casey Stengel. “The Ol’ Professor” was a favorite in New York. He was at his best during his time as the outspoken manager of the Lovable Losers, the 1962 Mets. Quote: “The only thing worse than a Mets game is a Mets doubleheader.”

3. Chad Johnson. There is no current athlete as quote-worthy and eccentric as Ocho Cinco. Quote: “Tennessee is a very country-type state. Maybe I can practice on some type of country-western dance where they’ll know what I’m doing.”

2. Bobby Knight. One of the most controversial coaches ever, Knight never failed to rankle with his actions and comments. Quote: Speaking about leaving Puerto Rico after the 1979 Pan Am Games, “I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare (butt) on the window. That’s the last thing I wanted those people to see of me.”

1. Muhammad Ali. Ali’s impact cannot be overstated. He was the most outspoken athlete during a time when athletes were supposed to be humble. Quote: “I am the greatest!”


No comments: