SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Sunday, August 24, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: sportingnews.com

Image: nydailynews.com
.
SPORTS QUOTES
.
"I never dreamed about being President, I wanted to be Willie Mays."
- George W. Bush
.
"The only difference between this and Custer's last stand was Custer didn't have to look at the tape afterwards."
- Terry Crisp, the ex-coach of the Tampa Bay Lightning. This quote was after a 10-0 loss to the Calgary Flames.
.
"This has been a team effort. No one or two guys could have done all this."
- Casey Stengel, after the Mets lost 120 games in their inaugural season in 1962
.
John McKay had some really funny quotes as coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The Bucs did not win a game during their first season in 1976.
"Well, we've determined that we can't win at home and we can't win on the road. What we need is a neutral site."
.
“There's always one of my uncles who watches a boxing match with me and says, ‘Sure, ten million dollars. You know, for that kind of money, I'd fight him.’ As if someone is going to pay $200 a ticket to see a 57-year-old carpet salesman get hit in the face once and cry.”
- Larry Miller
.
“The Olympics is really my favorite sporting event. Although I think I have a problem with that silver medal. 'Cause when you think about it, you win the gold-you feel good, you win the bronze-you think ‘Well at least I got something.’ But when you win that silver it's like ‘Congratulations, you almost won. Of all the losers, you came in first of that group. You're the number one loser. No one lost ahead of you!’”
- Jerry Seinfeld
.
“Mario Andretti has retired from racecar driving. That's a good thing. He's getting old. He ran his entire last race with his left blinker on.”
- Jon Stewart
.
"If you love your job, you haven't worked a day in your life."
- Tommy Lasorda
======================

No comments: