SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Sunday, August 24, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: sports.espn.go.com

PARIS HILTON!!! SOLITARY?
Image: thewrongadvices.com
.
BASEBALL QUOTES
Quotes cited in July, 2007
.
----------------------------------------------
Late-night quote of the half year (2007)•
.
No. 7 on David Letterman's list of Top Ten Ways Paris Hilton Is Preparing For Jail:
"Attending Tampa Bay Devil Rays games to get used to solitary."
.
------------------------------------------------
The five funniest quotes of the half year (2007)•
.
Fifth prize:
From Cubs closer Ryan Dempster, on what Lou Piniella said to him during an especially brief April trip to the mound: "'
He said I looked good in my pants, which was nice. I hadn't noticed."
.
• Fourth prize:
From Giants manager Bruce Bochy, after witnessing the hero's welcome that one-time Red Sox October icon Dave Roberts got on his return to Boston:
"I was hoping to get on his float from the hotel to the ballpark."
.
Third prize:
From Reds reliever Todd Coffey, to the Dayton Daily News' Hal McCoy, on whether there was any air conditioning in the bullpen in Philadelphia on a 96-degree night:
"There is no air conditioning and no electric fans. The only fans out there are full of hot air."
.
• Second prize:
From Twins utility wit Jeff Cirillo, on why he decided he'd better go for arthroscopic surgery on his knee:
"It feels like I have a little person down there playing a little guitar on it."
.
• First prize:
From legendary quote machine Andy Van Slyke, to Booth Newspapers' Danny Knobler, on what he thought of Tigers pitcher Jeremy Bonderman's journey to first base for an infield single that was the first hit of his career:
"I've never seen an athlete get to first base hyperventilating. Even a poker player should be able to run 90 feet without hyperventilating. I thought I was going to have to revive him. I told him, 'I know CPR, but I'm not going to perform it on you.'"
.
---------------------------------------
Quote we can't figure out why we love•
From the Mets' Carlos Delgado, on his reaction to being informed that his May 9 homer into San Francisco's McCovey Cove gave him more Cove shots than any visiting player (three):
"Useless information."
============================

No comments: